Monday 20 February 2012

Day 20 100 Freedom Breaths


The Power of Metaphor


Isn't it fascinating how life stories permeate through our lives.   Often its great to be reminded, and this is me reminding me too, that a metaphor isn't real, its simply a story we tell ourselves.  However that powerful story also influences us.  It leads and guides the mind to discover ways of relating within our lives to the internal story within our mind.

These stories may change and alter during our life course.  They can be powerful and useful, or derogatory and un-useful.

For the longest time one of my life metaphors has been about horses.  Having grown up with horses from a baby it makes sense that these metaphors are deeply embedded.     I also known where I am in a life situation within myself according to how I am riding my internal horse, saddle, reigns and clothes, or bareback, and without reigns.  I also know how I'm feeling about the path I'm on as to whether my internal story is hilly, through forest, water, along the beach or a road.   This will often reflect my experience of current situations in life.

If my horse is bucking and rolling its eyes and I'm struggling to stay on, I remember from my experience with horses to trust them and to give them head and to stop fighting the process instead to become one with the animal (life experience) and in a very short time, I discover I have accepted the circumstances in my life and I'm easily dealing with them again.

The 100 Breaths continue to be a way of surrendering to the flow and enjoying the ride of life, allowing me to have the best of life on a more continuous basis instead of being annoyed or fighting my own path that I have created.

The flow, clarity and conscious attention to the present moment is allowing me more and more to let go of the past, to embrace the now and to more consciously create the future.

However more and more I'm less controlling about how my future "should be", I'm trusting my inner creative juices to formulate new ways of being and new experiences.  This is dramatically different than how I had in the past been creating my life.   It is removing disappointment too, because now, I'm accepting more that the inner feelings I'm having are driving creations and my reality moving forward, so observing the feelings are a far more powerful way to observe future creations than attempting to know what is coded within the images that are being made!   Visualization is powerful, and is continuously occuring every moment of our day so the inner awareness of the emotions that are playing through the body are like a GPS system that indicates what is actually being visualized!

Fun stuff, all observations at this point, and still learning!

Joy your Ride!


No comments:

Are You Ready to commit to your own Transformation?

Its easy - Breath
Its Free- Its Air
Its Fun - Be creative
Its Life - Now just deliberate